You can lower your cholesterol levels by making changes to your lifestyle. Here are some tips.
- Eat foods with less fat, saturated fat and cholesterol.
- Take off the skin and fat from meat, poultry and fish.
- Broil, bake, roast, or poach instead of frying foods.
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables everyday.
- Eat lots of cereals, breads, rice, and pasta made from whole grains, such as whole wheat bread or spaghetti.
- Get lots of exercise everyday. Talk to your doctor about what are the safest and best ways for you to exercise.
- Lose weight if you are overweight.
- Stop smoking.
- Take your high blood cholesterol medication as prescribed by your doctor.
Posted in: High Cholesterol