How is dark chocolate beneficial? Get to know the Health benefits of dark chocolate
Dark chocolate has recently been discovered to have a number of healthy benefits. Keep track of your calories and nutrition as you work towards your weight loss goals.
6 Amazing Health Benefits of Dark Chocolate:
Dark Chocolate is good for your heart
- Studies have suggested that eating dark chocolates two or three times a week helps in lowering down your blood pressure.
- It helps to prevent the formation of blood clots.
- eating dark chocolate may also prevent arteriosclerosis.
Dark chocolate is good for your brain
- Dark chocolate increases blood flow to the brain and helps in improving cognitive function. It also reduces the risk of stroke.
- Dark chocolate also contains several chemical compounds that have a positive effect on your mood and cognitive health.
- Eating dark chocolate will make you feel happier as it contains phenylethylamine (PEA), same chemical which brain creates.
Dark Chocolate Helps Control Blood Sugar
- Dark chocolate keep the blood vessels healthy and the circulation unimpaired to protect against type 2 diabetes.
- The flavonoids in dark chocolate also help reduce insulin resistance by helping your cells to function normally and regain the ability to use your body’s insulin efficiently.
- Dark chocolate also has a low glycemic index and hence it does not cause huge spikes in blood sugar levels.
Dark Chocolate is Full of Antioxidants
- Dark chocolate is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants help free your body of free radicals, which cause oxidative damage to cells. Free radicals are implicated in the aging process and may be a cause of cancer, so eating antioxidant rich foods like dark chocolate can protect you from many types of cancer and slow the signs of aging.
Dark Chocolate Contains Theobromine
- Dark chocolate contains theobromine, which has been shown to harden tooth enamel. That means that dark chocolate, unlike most other sweets, lowers your risk of getting cavities if you practice proper dental hygiene.
Dark Chocolate is High in Vitamins and Minerals
- 67% of the RDA for Iron. 58% of the RDA for Magnesium. 89% of the RDA for Copper. 98% of the RDA for Manganese. It also has plenty of potassium, phosphorus, zinc and selenium.
“100 grams (3.5 ounces) is a fairly large amount and not something you should be consuming daily. All these nutrients also come with 600 calories and moderate amounts of sugar.”
Launching Way of Life Dance and Fitness Studio at Kemps Corner Mumbai. Indulge in fun fitness activities. We conduct Zumba, Bharatnatyam , Yoga, Bolly Burn and Beat Pump Classes, with other fitness activities soon to be launched. Visit our Website www.wayoflifestudio.in for more information.